As the Air Force's largest and busiest pharmacy, the 59th Pharmacy Flight supports the 59th Medical Wing, the Air Force Medical Service and the Air Force global readiness mission through the provision of world class patient-centered pharmacy services and comprehensive medication therapy management. Armed with a budget of $65 million, the pharmacy dispenses more than 1 million outpatient prescriptions annually for 242,000 beneficiaries. Supporting the Air Force's global readiness mission, the flight includes 93 trained personnel.
Follow the links for more information.
- To activate new routine prescriptions use our "Get in line" automated texting service at 833-517-4408.
- To process urgent prescriptions use the pharmacy kiosks.
- Urgent medications are short course treatments only for anti-infectives, acute pain medications, steroid treatments, or have received emergency services within the last 72 hours.
- To pick-up medications wait the required days and pull a pick-up ticket from the kiosk.
- To request a prescription refill call the automated refill system 210-292-9995 or 800-469-7170.
- To process paper prescriptions use the pharmacy kiosks.
- JBSA Pharmacies no longer accepts paper prescriptions for controlled substances. Please have your provider send them electronically.
- To ask non-urgent pharmacy questions use our "Get in line" automated texting service at 833-517-4408.
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.