Location: Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center, First Floor
Please ask a member of the clinic staff for assistance. Medically-trained interpreters are available 24-hours a day.
For your convenience, hand-held translator units or three-way phone conversations between you, your provider, and the medical interpreter are available. We use World-Wide Interpreters for our translator needs and they are available 24-hours a day, with no waiting times. They are trained to interpret health care information in over 40 languages. After-hours interpretation is available as well. Please ask the front desk staff for assistance if you require translator services. The clinic staff will simply call 800-945-7889, give the name of our facility, and sate the language required. Verification of the services provided will be made to the company directly from the clinic staff.
Sign Language Interpretation
Please arrange with the clinic in advance for a translator for your next appointment. This will help eliminate any delay while waiting for the interpreter to arrive for your health care visit. Providing our patients with the best possible service is our goal. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by calling our Customer Relations at 210-292-7848. Thank you!
Are You a Hard of Hearing Patient?
Help us improve the communication process during your health care visits.
- Face you
- Speak slower
- Repeat important information
- Give you a pen and paper if you need to write something down
We ask that you . . .
- Always let our staff know if you are a hard of hearing patient, especially before any surgical procedures
- Let us know if you need an interpreter for a future visit
- Please let us know if you don't hear or understand what we say
- Discuss your preferred means of communication
- Explain you may not understand if your name is called and to please repeat if you do not answer
- Be informed! Ask if any medical equipment, medications, or other issues may affect your hearing